"Bizzle State Of Mind" Custom Nike Blazers

One day in my travels through Brooklyn (the Bushwick area to be exact), I stumbled onto a vintage clothing store where I found a pair of Nike Blazers for $20 which I noticed are my cousin's shoe size (this cousin happens to be a Bushwick resident).  On a whim, I decided to buy them.

I texted him a pic of the shoes (he loves Nike Blazers) and told him i'd do a custom for him with them, asking him what style/theme he wanted.  He responded "Just do something with a lot of colors".  So from that moment, the wheels started turning in my head.





















The shoes were in pretty good condition and had very little wear on them.  The only thing it really needed before the standard prepping process was some midsole clean up.  So I pretty much got that out the way during the preparation process.  I got to thinking of how like myself, my cousin's a fan of graffiti and street art so I wanted to incorporate that into the shoe.  So I chose the colors and went to work.  The end result was this:





















The name "Bizzle" is my cousin's nickname and the "State of Mind" part was in reference to both the Nas song "New York State of Mind" and the Jay-Z song "Empire State of Mind", both songs being centered around the city.  I added variations of the Brooklyn Nets & Yankees logos since he's also a fan of both teams (replacing the team names with Bizzle).  This is a 1-of-1 shoe that will not be duplicated but something with a similar theme can be requested by emailing me at info@ecentrikart.net.

Also, be sure to check out my cousin's photography at http://urbanchronicler.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/UrbanChronicler.

Comments