"American Heroes"


















This may be the most important shoe i've done so far.  After having seen some of the tributes during the anniversary of 9/11, I was inspired to do something that would pay tribute to the heroes of that day.  The ones who went above and beyond and risked their lives to help others in peril.  I thought about the firefighters and the police officers who put put themselves in danger to help save lives....yes it's something they do everyday as it's a part of their jobs but the events of 9/11/01 really put things into perspective and made me realize just how dangerous their jobs are.  I thought about the stories I heard of men and women who enlisted in the military to fight for this country's freedom after the 9/11 tragedy.  Regardless of your feelings on law enforcement and/or war, you have to respect those who are willing to put their lives on the line to defend what they believe in and/or come to the aid of their fellow human being.

















The reason I called it "American Heroes" was to pay homage to the firefighters, law enforcement, and military service men and women who put it all on the line, some unfortunately paying the ultimate price.  This design continues the desert camo theme (which is obviously a nod to the military).


















I also had some custom dog tags made to compliment the shoe.  One tag reads "Air Jordan 6 American Heroes By Ecentrik Artistry" while the other reads "A Tribute To The Heroes Of 9/11 & Our Service Men & Women".




















(Yes that is the new World Trade Center in the background)























I have been contemplating for a few days what direction to go in with this particular shoe.  I asked the opinion of close friends, brainstormed in my head, thought about the possibility of criticism on my choice and have decided this: I will accept orders for this shoe, but also, a portion of the sales of each order will be donated to the 9/11 Memorial Fund.   Each pair will also come with the custom dog tags pictured.  Click the link below for order information: http://www.ecentrik.bigcartel.com/product/air-jordan-6-american-heroes-custom

Comments