"Chinese New Year - Year of the Goat"

















In the Chinese New Year, 2015 is under the Year of the Goat cycle (the 8th sign of the 12 year cycle of animals that appear in the Chinese Zodiac).  I actually attended a Chinese New Year parade last year after being told about it by some friends (they do the parade every year here in New York) and ever since then i've been inspired to do a Chinese New Year themed shoe.  However, the idea to do it felt kinda last minute so I decided to hold off a year.  Now with Chinese New Year being right around the corner (it starts February 19th this year) I figured now would be the perfect time to finally do this theme.

Another part of the inspiration behind my version is with Nike doing the theme throughout the years & I figured i'd try my hand at the theme at least once.  The design itself was pretty much freestyled as I went along.....the only planning I did for these ahead of time was the actual color scheme and the idea to put the Chinese goat symbol on the shoe.  So what started as a basic all-white pair of Nike Air Force 1s became the Year of the Goat custom seen below (box is also custom hand painted):



































These are available to order in both men's and women's/grade school sizes at the online store link below: http://www.ecentrik.bigcartel.com/product/air-force-1-chinese-new-year-year-of-the-goat-custom

Comments