"Tribal Tattoo"

















I remember back in the 90s when tribal tattoos seemed to be the most popular tattoo design.  I'd see a number of people sporting them.  Being a comic book and wrestling fan, I first became familiar with the style from seeing WCW wrestler Bill Goldberg and Wesley Snipes as Blade sporting the styles:




























































So I thought to myself one day "How would that look on a sneaker?".  I originally wanted to have the theme done in time to show off for Sneaker Con NYC but kept changing my mind on what shoe I thought it would look best on.  Eventually I ended up choosing the classic Nike Air Force 1 as a canvas, which is also the shoe I originally learned my craft on in late 2002.  Here is the final result:





















I personally chose not to get colorful with these and stick to the basic black for the pattern to keep it in the tradition of the actual tattoo styles that many people are seen sporting.  I don't have any tattoos myself but have always had an admiration for them because it's a great form of wearable art (just like custom sneakers).

I am actually taking orders for this custom theme as they can be purchased from my online store at this link (will be available until late October): http://www.ecentrik.bigcartel.com/product/air-force-1-tribal-tattoo-custom

Comments