Customer Spotlight: Air Jordan 3 "Ric Flair" custom

In the wrestling world, you have your one of a kind personalities.  But some one of a kind personalities are so above the pack that you look at them and say "They broke the mold after they made him/her"....and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair is most definitely one of those personalities.

I grew up watching Flair during the NWA (National Wrestling Alliance) Jim Crockett era.  Growing up in Philadelphia, which was a huge NWA town, I got to see Flair both on television and a handful of times at live shows (had some great childhood memories of shows at the Philadelphia Civic Center).  I remember his legendary feuds with Dusty Rhodes, Ronnie Garvin, and Ricky Steamboat to name a few and then in the 90s in both WCW & WWE against Hulk Hogan, Sting, etc.  In my opinion he's the greatest world champion of all time and had some phenomenal matches.  And of course, his promos were absolute gold!

One of his most legendary promos below with some well known quotables:



So recently I had a client contact me about making a pair of custom Ric Flair Jordans and needless to say I was all on board!

The base shoe was the Jordan 3 "Cyber Monday"


And Here is the finished product:







The shoes were mainly inspired by Flair's yellow robe in the above pic.  I wanted to add some quotables from the Nature Boy but there are so many I don't know that they all would've fit on the shoes (Lol).  So I settled for his classic "To be the man, you gotta beat the man" (used to hear him say that all the time in promos and it stuck out to me).  This pair was a 1-of-1 but I would be willing to remake this pair with a few changes or even a different shoe and/or look altogether.

Interested in a wrestling theme of your own?  Contact me through the contact page at the website, www.ecentrikart.net.

Comments