Customer Spotlight: Air Max 1 "Desert Camo" custom









This pair of Air Max 1s were made for an Australia based client.  The client requested a desert camo theme with a minor added detail or two and left it to me to choose the colorway.  After working out the order and price info, I drafted up a quick mock up design to give an idea of what the shoe would look like.  After that, I searched for the perfect base shoe for this theme and came across the sail colorway Air Max 1 Pinnacle.









The shoe with its leather outer and interior made for the perfect base.  I don't always get to work with Air Max 1s so I was really looking forward to this project.

Here's a look at the finished product:





















While the shoes came out great, there was however one issue.  When I ordered the shoes, the original box they came in was damaged (top was ripped off):








Since I didn't want my client to receive their shoes in a damaged/torn box, I came up with a solution.  I remembered having some blank white shoe boxes laying around (thank you ULINE) so I painted one up in the same desert camouflage theme and colorway to match the shoes:













This custom pair is a 1 of 1 but if you'd like to request a custom theme of your own click here for order info.  Also, be sure to check out the full website.

Comments