Customer Spotlight: "The Lion King"








Confession: I've never seen The Lion King.  Yeah, I know...it's a classic film, but I have yet to actually see it.  However, before jumping into this project for my client, I did do my research and accepted it knowing I would thoroughly research before starting it (i've actually done a few pop culture themes before that I may not have been up on but researched them so thoroughly that people would never know unless I mentioned it...although most that I have done I was familiar with the source material).

Anyway, the client wanted a Lion King theme with the characters on the shoe in a silhouette style.  So after a little Google search I came across this cool visual:










I put together a quick mock up template with this image and ran it by the client who loved it.  In this case, the client sent his own shoes which were the white Air Force 1 Highs, a perfect base shoe and one that i'm very familiar with.  It was also a perfect fit for this design since it left a lot of room to work with.












Another piece I wanted to include is the lion head from the movie logo just because I thought it had an interesting look to it and people would know the theme right away the moment they see it.











And below is the finished product:















Considering the fact that I haven't actually seen the film, this was one of the most fun customer projects i've worked on this year and probably overall.  I love the silhouette look and the red/yellow/orange/black colorway.  Makes me want to sit down and watch the movie which I may actually do this week thanks to my client that requested this theme.

For all orders/inquiries, visit the contact section of the website here.

Comments