"Superhuman" Custom Air Max 90

Most people who know me know i'm a big comic book fan. In fact, if it weren't for my childhood fascination with comics and super heroes I wouldn't be an artist today. It was a childhood diet of Marvel & DC Comics (nowadays you can add Image Comics to that list) that made me want to draw..I went from tracing action pictures of Spider Man, Hulk, Batman, etc. to attempting to actually draw the characters on my own. The rest is history. Anyway, lately I have had the desire to do a shoe that centered around or was influenced by super heroes or had a super hero theme, but I didn't just want to do a typical put-a-famous-character-on-a-pair-of-shoes type of deal (not that there's anything wrong with that..it's just not my particular style). So instead I thought about something that's a staple with typical super heroes: Colorful Costumes! I thought "If super heroes fought crime in sneakers, how would those sneakers look?" Then the "Superhuman" Air Max 90s were born. I actually came up with this design last year (still have designs dating back to at least 2004 that I never released!) and have wanted to do it for a while. The colors were mostly inspired by the costumes of Superman, Wonder Woman, Robin, and the Incredibles. Basically I took those colors and added my own design patterns to them:
*Ecentrik "Shazam" Logo courtesy of Sweatshopclothing.net
*Ecentrik "Shazam" Logo courtesy of Sweatshopclothing.net
And there you have it! These shoes will be available soon in the Ecentrik Online Store (they should be posted in the store between Friday 9/16/11 and Monday 9/19/11. The perfect shoe for all you heroes and heroines when battling the forces of evil!

Comments