"Golden Incense"











I absolutely love the smell of incense.  Sometimes I light an incense stick in the room when i'm working on art or even when i'm just relaxing in the house.  Not only is does it smell great, but it also has a soothing quality to it.  There are a number of different scents of incense and although it's normally used in different religions and cultures, it's not regulated to either area.  It's also used in meditation, therapy, and various ceremonies.  It's even a note in certain colognes & perfumes (for those unfamiliar with incense, click here to learn more).







(Photo courtesy of seychellesincense.com)

With that said, between my love of incense and interest in collecting colognes/fragrances, I was inspired to do a shoe theme that gave it that vibe.  I recently sampled a cologne fragrance at an event I attended a week ago.  I sprayed some on a card and the scent was very unique and leaned toward an incense smell.  I had that sprayed card laying on my desk by the keyboard on my laptop and the smell lingered for days and is still going strong as I type this (i've since ordered that fragrance online)!  The fragrance comes in a black and gold bottle which inspired the colorway of the shoes.

The base shoe was the classic Air Jordan 1 mid silhouette:










And here is the finished product:
















The pattern work it all done freehand and was partially inspired by a design I made 3 years ago called Nightblade.  The shoes also feature matching leather laces.

This shoe is currently available at the online store in men's sizes (click here to purchase).


Comments