Customer Spotlight: "Black Panther"









This is a theme I've had in mind even before the movie hype and now have finally got around to doing.  I currently have 3 different mock up variations of this theme with this being one of them.  This was done for my friend Tim Grae of Grae Therapy to wear to the movie premier this weekend.

The base shoe was a basic pair of white on white Air Max 90s:









And below is the finished product:














This was a fun shoe to make but I did have one issue in the creative process, which was with the leather laces.  I couldn't find any black ones so I had to order some purple leather laces, strip them down, and repaint them.  On top of that, they were not easy to insert into the lace holes of the shoes (note to self: never use flat leather laces on Air Max 90s....go for the round leather instead).  The shoe pattern was inspired by his mask, costume, and just the overall imagery from the visuals of the kingdom of Wakanda seen in the movies and comics.  The design on the tongues is based on a variation of the Wakanda flag from the comics.




















Aside from the lace issue, this was a fun project to do.  Maybe eventually I will get around to making one of the other variations I have.  This particular pair/design is a 1 of 1 but I can do other versions of this theme.  To request this or another custom theme, visit the website and go to contact section (click here).

Comments