Flyers "Gritty" pack









Gritty is an interesting character.  When the Philadelphia Flyers debuted their new mascot last year, the character design was met with tons of backlash online with people questioning what was going through the organization's mind with this character design.  Then seemingly overnight (I think it may have been after the mascot's debut at a Flyers game), Gritty suddenly became an overnight hit and his popularity soared through the roof among Philly fans, almost rivaling that of the beloved Phillies Phanatic.....having grown up in Philly I can honestly say the Phanatic is the most popular mascot in the city's sports history so to see another mascot, especially one that was being trashed by fans not long before things changed, reach a level of popularity that comes close is pretty astounding.

Anyway, I had done Flyers themed customs before (see here, here, and here) and got the idea from my cousin to do a pair themed after the new Philly mascot sensation.  I originally had one idea that I ended up scrapping due to not having specific resources available that I needed for it (I plan to revisit that idea at a later date) so I went for my second idea which turned into 2 then 3 different pairs.

Using some low top white Air Force 1s and High Top black Air Force 1s, I created what's known as the "Gritty Pack".  Then later created a kid size version of the black pair in a mid-top version since the high top black shoe isn't available in kids size.  See photos below of all 3 versions along with the link to order them.






















Order all 3 versions of the Gritty customs at the link here.

Comments